The competition was created to discover young girls who have talents in modeling and remodel them into world class supermodels. The debut lived up to its billing when young catwalk queens from all over the country participated in its maiden edition. This edition saw Miss Eunice Eyo emerging as the winner and Miss Olubunmi Ademokoya emerging the 1st runner up of the competition and Miss Isi Atagamen 2nd runner up.
The winner, Eunice Eyo went on to win Best National Costume, Miss Model of the World in China 2007.
The first runner up, Bunmi Ademokoya also went on to win Best Model of the World contest held in Turkey 2007. She is currently the hottest female model in Africa.
WHAT NNSM IS KNOWN FOR?
- It’s the first Nigerian reality TV show to commission an original Nigerian sound track which was a hit.
- It is a talent hunt reality show contest to discover models.
- The first season of the show recorded tremendous viewership and was given wide publicity with Reuters International projecting the news.
- The show was shown on local and international TV such as Fashiontv.
- It was a number one show in the year 2010 and ever since with publicity on the show lasting long after the show had ended.
- The winner of the show and the runner ups were signed on to Isis Modeling Agency in South Africa as models and are now operating all over the world.
- Nigeria’s Next Super Model is designed to showcase the enormous talent in the Nigerian modeling and fashion industry.
- To create a pool of professional models for which the fashion industry would feed from.
- To transfer business knowledge on the fashion and modeling business to the public.
- To create opportunities for young men and women in the Nigerian modeling and fashion industry.
- Create platforms for International exposure for young Nigerian interested in making a living in the modeling and fashion industry.
- To showcase Nigeria in a positive light to the international community.
- To encourage innovation and competition.